- What about sewage contamination?
- What about the wet office furniture?
- What causes mould?
Hard surfaces can be cleaned and sanitized after water damage occurs. Affected items that cannot be sanitized will require disposal. Porous materials such as drywall, ceiling tiles, insulation, particleboard, paneling, etc., that have been directly affected by the damage, should be removed during the emergency service visit.
The extent of damage and the construction of the furniture will determine if it can be restored. The furniture must be dried before damage can be adequately assessed. Non-salvageable furniture will be documented for you and if any items need to be discarded, a customer release form will need to be signed.
Excess moisture caused by leaks or flooding in your commercial property — especially in typically damp environments like the kitchen and bathrooms — creates the perfect breeding ground for mould or mildew. To control and reduce the risk for mould growth in these areas, you must properly maintain your plumbing system and monitor any appliances in your facility that use large quantities of water, such as dish washers. Small amounts of indoor mould are unavoidable and usually harmless. In damp environments, however, mould spores can more easily reproduce and cause more serious and difficult to remove mould problems.